Detours in place near Atlanta airport | News
ATLANTA -- Travelers heading to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport from the northern suburbs began experiencing some delays Thursday.
The airport set up a detour on Airport Boulevard as part of its work on a major inbound roadway improvement project.
The detour went into effect Thursday and will be in place through April 2014. It changes the way drivers access the airport's terminals and parking lots. Customers are asked to follow posted signs and obey the 25 mph speed limit through the detour.
Airport spokesman Reese McCranie said the construction project will upgrade the roadway network between Interstate 85 and Camp Creek Parkway north of the airport, and Riverdale Road to the south. The entire project is expected to be completed by the end of next year.
For the latest traffic conditions in metro Atlanta, visit 11Alive.com/Traffic.
Upcoming Events near College Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Bystander struck in south Fulton apartment shooting
- Teen accused of stabbing grandmother to death
- Award-winning writers, activists artists at Spelman for Octavia Butler Celebration
- Teens of Excellence Prom Closet Program needs formalwear donations for Male and Female Teens
- 2 shot, 1 fatally, in SW Atlanta